PRIVACY NOTICE FOR PERSONS IN THE EUROPEAN UNION
Under the European General Data Protection Regulation, EU Persons have certain rights and organizations which collect information about them have certain responsibilities.
Name of the company (Art. 13 para. 1 a. GDPR)
Address (Art. 13 para.1 a. DSGVO)
1332 Blue Hills Avenue, Bloomfield 06002 CT, United States
Categories of personal data processed
This website uses so-called "cookies". These are text files that are stored on your computer and enable an analysis of your use of the website. We currently use the following cookies, depending on your selection.
- These cookies allow YouTube to collect usage information for YouTube hosted videos.
- These cookies, provided by YouTube LLC, help maintain the integrity of video statistics, prevent fraud and improve their own services.
- This cookie is set by DoubleClick (which is owned by Google) to help build a profile of your interests and show you relevant ads on other sites.
- These cookies, provided by Google Inc., are used in conjunction with the Google+1 button to enable you to share information publicly, as part of your Google Profile.
- Strictly Necessary
- This cookie associated with sites using CloudFlare, are used to speed up page load times. According to CloudFlare it is used to override any security restrictions based on the IP address the visitor is coming from. It does not contain any user identification information.
- This cookie name is associated with Google Universal Analytics - which is a significant update to Google's more commonly used analytics service. This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports. By default it is set to expire after 2 years, although this is customizable by website owners.
For what purpose is your personal data used? (Article 13 para. 1 c. GDPR)
We collect and use your personal data only insofar as this is necessary for the provision of a functional website and our content and services offered on the website, unless you have consented to further use of your data by selecting the appropriate option in the website settings. If you leave us your data in the contact request form on the website, we will use your data to inform you about the products and services you have requested.
Legal legitimacy of data processing
The processing of your personal data is based on the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If you have given us consent to process personal data for specific purposes, Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR is the legal basis for the processing of personal data. You can revoke your consent at any time. The processing of personal data in the context of the performance of contracts to which you are a party, or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken at your request, is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR. The purposes of the data processing depend on the content of the respective agreed contract. If the processing of personal data is necessary for the fulfillment of a legal obligation to which our company is subject, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR serves as the legal basis. If the processing is necessary to protect a legitimate interest of us or a third party and the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of you as the data subject do not override the former interest, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR serves as the legal basis for the processing.
Interests affected by the balancing of interests (Art. 13 para. 1 d. GDPR)
Depending on the situation, the following interests may be affected:
- Assertion of legal claims and defence in legal disputes;
- Ensuring IT security;
- Prevention of crime;
- Economic measures and
- Further development of services and products;
All other recipients of the personal data (Art. 13 para. 1 e. GDPR)
Within the Kaman Group, access to your data is granted to those entities that need it on the basis of the "least privilege" principle (granting user rights as little as possible) and the "need-to-know" principle (knowing the data only when necessary).
We may only disclose data to third parties outside the Kaman Group if this is necessary, if it is required by law, if you have given your consent or if processors engaged by us are contractually obliged to comply with the requirements of the GDPR in accordance with Art. 28 GDPR. Under these conditions, recipients of personal data may be: responsible internal bodies and, if applicable, external service providers.
All other recipients outside the EEA (Art. 13 (1) f. GDPR)
To the extent permitted by law, your data may also be shared with other group companies of Kaman Corporation, 1332 Blue Hills Avenue, Bloomfield, CT, USA. Contracts have been concluded with these companies on the basis of the EU standard contractual clauses pursuant to Article 46(2)(c) of the GDPR and, where applicable, further contractual guarantees.
How long do we store your personal data? (Art. 13 para. 2 a. GDPR)
We process and store your personal data for as long as is necessary for us to fulfill our obligations for the respective purpose. Storage may take place beyond this if this is provided for by the European or national legislator in Union regulations, laws or other regulations to which we are subject as the responsible party. If the data is no longer required or if a standard prescribed by the aforementioned standards no longer applies, your data will be deleted on a regular basis.
From which data sources do we collect data about you? (Art. 14 para. 2 f. GDPR)
This website uses server log files that are processed by the operator of this website, Common Media 278 Main St. Suite 205, Greenfield MA 01301, USA, to ensure the functionality and security of the website and are deleted after 10 days. If you leave us your details in the contact form on the website, we will use your details to contact you about the products you would like to receive. Provided you have given your consent by selecting the appropriate option, this website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). The information generated by cookies about your use of this website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. In the event that IP anonymization is activated on this website, however, your IP address will be truncated beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. If you have consented by selecting the appropriate option, this website also uses Vimeo as a video plugin to play film sequences selected by you.
What rights do you have?
As a data subject protected by the GDPR, you have the right:
- In accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 DSGVO, you have the possibility to revoke your consent once given at any time if we work on the basis of consent. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing of your personal data, which was based on this consent, for the future.
- In accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data is to be transferred, the intended storage period, the existence of a right to use the data, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it was not collected by us and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if necessary, request meaningful information about their details.
- In accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO, to demand the correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal data stored by us without delay.
- Pursuant to Art. 17 DSGVO, to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- Pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you refuse the erasure and we no longer need the data, but you may need them for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or you object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR.
- Pursuant to Art. 20 DSGVO, the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request the transfer of the data to another controller; and
- To lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you should contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our registered office
Do we use your personal data in the context of automated decision-making? (Art. 13 para. 2 f. GDPR)
We do not use fully automated decision-making in accordance with Art. 22 GDPR and in principle no "profiling". Should we use this in individual cases, we will inform you about it separately, if this is required by law, and obtain your prior consent if necessary.
Is there a legal or contractual obligation to provide personal data or is it necessary for the conclusion of a contract? (Art. 13 para. 2 e. GDPR)
When concluding contracts, you must provide us with the personal data that is required for the establishment, execution and termination of the contract and the obligations arising therefrom, or which we are legally obliged to collect. Without this data, no contract will be concluded with us. If we provide you with offers and services on this website that you can use voluntarily, there is no obligation to provide us with your data, but you may not be able to use our offers and services without your personal data.
What are the consequences if you do not provide us with the required data? (Art. 13 para. 2 e. GDPR)
This document was last updated on January 5, 2023.